1 Medium-sized Potato
1/2 Cup Carrot, grated
1 Cup Cheese, grated (I may use any kind of my choice)
3/4 Teaspoon Pepper Powder
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
Salt to taste
- Boil and mash the potato.
- Add grated carrots and mix properly.
- I incorporate all the spices like pepper powder, garlic powder, along with olive oil and salt. I mix well and set aside.
- Heat the Appam pan.
- I grease my palm with a little oil. I take about 2 tablespoons of prepared potato mash and press it on my palm to form a thin disc. I take about 2 teaspoons of grated cheese and place it in the center of the mashed potato disc. I fold the edges and make a round ball. I repeat for all.
- I check if the pan is well-heated by sprinkling some water; water should sizzle. Now, I drop 3-4 drops of olive oil in each cavity of the pan and place all the balls.
- I reduce the heat to medium and sprinkle a few drops of oil over each ball.
- I let the balls cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. I flip them over and cook on the other side too. I make sure that both sides are crisp. I remove them and serve with tomato ketchup or any chutney.